- COUNCILLORS SUBMIT RESIDENTS VIEWS ON PLANS FOR NEW CO-OP
- Stourbridge singer to be star of the show
- Urology Awareness Week
- Dudley Council considers £325,000 settlement offer over mosque site
- Near Space – Project Horizon - Queen Mary's Grammar School in Walsall
- IAN AUSTIN STATEMENT ON ANNOUNCED FRONT DESK CLOSURE AT DUDLEY POLICE STATION
- Women and the Glass Industry oral history project heads to Broadfield House Glass Museum
- Suspended Tory Afzal Amin likely 'to be removed within days'
- Walsall Market plans approved
- COUNCIL TAX FROZEN FOR FIFTH YEAR RUNNING
- Seven Stars pub to Parliament
- COUNCILLORS REJECT 2.2% RISE IN PAYMENTS (Sandwell)
- Tri-It! Be part of Walsall's 2015 Triathlon
- Changes to Walsall Council Tax
- Improvements at Gornal Library
Urology Awareness Week
It's Urology Awareness Week, creating awareness of urological conditions among the general public.
Urology Week is an initiative of the European Association of Urology, which brings together national urological societies, urology practitioners, urology nurses and patient groups to create awareness of urological conditions among the general public.
Every year during this week a variety of educational and media events take place all around Europe. In 2014 close to 30 events shaped Urology Week, engaging thousands, creating awareness about urology as a specialty, bringing understanding about the role of the urologist, and drawing attention to the fight against urological conditions like prostate cancer.
The growing media coverage Urology Week receives has helped the event grow in size and reach, to become a truly international occasion. The annual campaigns owe their success more than anything else to the enthusiastic participation and dedication of colleagues and supporters in Europe and around the world–from Algeria to Ukraine.
Austin joins group to boost Dudley Town Centre
Dudley MP Ian Austin has joined a Parliamentary group focused on boosting town centres.
The All Party Parliamentary Group for Urban Development brings together MPs from all parties to push for policies that will help regenerate town centres across the country.
Austin will use the group to speak up for policies that will help regenerate Dudley town centre and bring new investment to the high street.
Suspended Tory Afzal Amin likely 'to be removed within days'
A suspended Conservative election candidate is likely to be removed from the party within days, a senior Conservative source has told the BBC.
Afzal Amin is accused of attempting a plot with the English Defence League in which they would announce a march in the Dudley North constituency and he would take credit when it was scrapped.
Mr Amin, who denies any wrongdoing, faces a party hearing on Tuesday.
He told BBC Radio 4's Today he would make a "robust defence" of his actions.
But the Conservative source said it would be hard to justify talks with the EDL.
Austin backs campaign to end revenge evictions
Dudley North MP Ian Austin has welcomed a Bill that will protect renters in the West Midlands.
The Tenancies Bill is part of a campaign led by Shelter that aims to stop landlords from evicting renters unfairly. Figures from the charity show that 1 in 14 renters in the West Midlands were too scared to ask their landlord to fix a problem in their home for fear of being evicted.