- Hall Street planning application - Question and answers
- Austin joins group to boost Dudley Town Centre
- Austin backs campaign to end revenge evictions
- Mayor of Walsall unveils VC paving stone
- Young people asked to support Anti-Bullying Week
- Farage comments show Russells Hall not safe with UKIP!
- Black Country rapist in vile attacks on young girl is jailed
- Centenary event pays respect to heroes
- Lighting up Walsall's premier park
- Open Primary to select Prospective Parliamentary Candidate to be held in Kingswinford on Wednesday 26 November by Dudley South Conservatives
- Kick start your winter training at the Dell
- It’s all write this November
- Health and fitness programmes for all ages Walsall
- MP calls on Chancellor to support development of West Midlands ‘Powerhouse’
- Schools launch CitySafe Havens with Citizens UK Birmingham
Austin joins group to boost Dudley Town Centre
Dudley MP Ian Austin has joined a Parliamentary group focused on boosting town centres.
The All Party Parliamentary Group for Urban Development brings together MPs from all parties to push for policies that will help regenerate town centres across the country.
Austin will use the group to speak up for policies that will help regenerate Dudley town centre and bring new investment to the high street.
MP calls on Chancellor to support development of West Midlands ‘Powerhouse’
Margot James, MP for Stourbridge, has called on the Chancellor to help build on investment in the Black Country by supporting the development of a West Midlands ‘Powerhouse’.
Speaking in parliament, Margot welcomed recent investment in the region including Wolverhampton’s new Jaguar Land Rover plant and the Black Country Enterprise Zone and City Deal, which are set to create nearly 10,000 new jobs. However, Margot called on the Chancellor to help encourage Local Authorities in the West Midlands to go even further by following the example set by Greater Manchester’s ‘northern powerhouse’ initiative.
Austin backs campaign to end revenge evictions
Dudley North MP Ian Austin has welcomed a Bill that will protect renters in the West Midlands.
The Tenancies Bill is part of a campaign led by Shelter that aims to stop landlords from evicting renters unfairly. Figures from the charity show that 1 in 14 renters in the West Midlands were too scared to ask their landlord to fix a problem in their home for fear of being evicted.
Watch as jogger runs into David Cameron in Leeds
An inquiry has been demanded into a security breach which saw a member of the public collide with the Prime Minister and his protection team.
The man, understood to be on his way to a local gym, ran up to David Cameron outside Leeds Civic Hall, where the Prime Minister had been speaking at an event.
The 28-year-old jogged across the street towards the Prime Minister, but police stepped in to stop him as Mr Cameron got into a waiting vehicle.
Video footage of the incident showed the Prime Minister apparently brace himself as the man approached at speed, before a bodyguard intervened to grapple with the man.
One witness said Mr Cameron 'sidestepped' the man in a 'lovely little move'.